Our health, safety and environment (HSE) operating system defines a set of elements which are critical for effective HSE management in our enterprise. It sets company-wide expectations for each of its elements.
Implementation and utilisation of our HSE operating system involves a continual process of improvement to meet those expectations. Self-assessments and learning reviews are used to evaluate gaps between existing arrangements and the expectations.
The objective of the HSE operating system is to achieve a consistent, world class HSE culture and continually improving HSE performance.
Through the implementation of our HSE operating system we have:
- A systematic approach to improvement towards a common set of HSE expectations
- A framework for sharing and learning
- More efficient HSE interfaces, internally and externally
- Measurements of HSE compliance and culture
- A tool for increasing employee engagement and achieving an HSE culture where zero is sustainable