Aker Solutions offers a range of compensators and tensioners to the industry.
Compensators and tensioners
- MH drill string compensator
- MH active heave compensator
- MH through tubing drilling compensator
- MH pistontrack
- Riser tensioners
- MH wireline riser tensioner for drilling risers
- MH conductor tensioner system
- MH direct acting riser tensioner
For technical data and capacities - see attachment.
MH drillstring compensator
Due to the special design, the top mounted compensator addresses hook load variations directly to the crown block. The unique angle approach of the MH drillstring compensator keeps the vertical force virtually constant, thereby reducing weight-on-bit fluctuations to a minimum.
MH active heave compensator
Designed for installation on semi-submersibles and drillships with top mounted MH drillstring compensator. The active heave cylinder is mechanically connected to the crown block, ensuring minimum load and relative motion variations. It is mainly used when landing BOPs, subsea trees, during under-reaming and during other downhole operations that require a minimum of motion.
MH direct acting riser tensioner
- Tension capacity up to 5 000 000 lbs
- Does not occupy working deck space as traditional wireline tensioners
- Advanced and proven riser anti recoil system
- Piston rods made from carbon steel with stainless steel weld overlay
- Can be integrated with a trip saver
- Low weight and low centre of gravity
- Designed to operate with two cylinders out of operation
- Maintenance work reduced to a minimum due to few moving parts