Enhanced technology for drilling wells in the world's deepest waters.
The CLIP Riser™ features include:
- The most secure connection with fully closed positions
- Eliminated need for threading, bolting and preloading
- Safe and reliable operation which allows for hang off during bad weather
- High strength to weight ratio
The Clip Riser™, which has been proven in deep water without failure, has a simple trouble-free design and a long service life due to its high fatigue resistance.
A key feature of Aker Solutions' drilling riser is the CLIP Riser™ connector technology, a unique system developed and patented.
Being at the forefront of deepwater offshore riser technology, Aker Solutions have a full range of drilling riser systems including associated equipment.
- Manual running and retrieving tools
- Hydraulic running and retrieving tool for remote access to the riser connector whether above or below the rig floor
- Riser bay handling tool for retrieving and returning riser joint from vertical storage
- Test tool
- Riser spider
- Telescopic joint
- Hydraulic split tensioner ring
- Solid tensioner ring
- Riser termination adapter
- Termination joint
- Wedge Clip Connector (WCC)
- CLIP connector for upper flex joint
- Spacer joints
- Hard hang-off joints
- Soft hang-off joints
The CLIP Riser™ was developed especially for ultra deep water drilling after a comprehensive and rigorous five year research and development programme. The CLIP Riser™ is distinguished by its simple, breechblock type connectors and has been successfully field proven under conditions combining high tensile loads and large bending moments.
The Clip Riser™, which has been proven in deep water without failure, has a simple trouble-free design and a long service life due to its high fatigue resistance. This dramatically reduces the need for maintenance. Other benefits include field-proven shortest tripping time, lip seals including anti-extrusion rings, field replaceable peripheral lines for upgrading and replaceable pins with these peripheral lines. Easy stabbing can also be achieved even if misaligned.