Aker Solutions' MH RamRig represents state-of-the-art technology with a well proven and successful operational track record since 1998. It can be applied to fixed and floating drilling platforms. The concept’s inherent features make it especially competitive on deepwater rigs.
The concept is available with single, double or triple stand rigs with capacities delivered from 150 to 1 000 tons, and can easily meet future demands for higher hoisting capacity and setback capacity.
The MH RamRig solutions have successfully operated in international waters. This opens for drilling in harsh environment and in ultra deep water areas. To operate in arctic waters it can be designed as winterised.
A dual MH RamRig is the utlimate deep water rig. This rig provides dual rig functionality at a lower total operational cost than a comparable conventional dual rig solution.
MH RamRig facts
- Safety focus; fingerboard at drillfloor level gives less over-head operations
- Documented lower weight, reduced space requirements and improved safety compared to conventional drilling pacakges
- Lower centre of gravity increases variable deck load capacity
- The highly flexible and accurate integrated long stroke active/passive heave compensation, and state-of-the-art control systems, improved operational efficiency
- The impressive accuracy and built-in automated drilling function results in a smoother well path, less weight on bit variations and optimisation of the rate of penetration
- No drawworks, considerably increased braking capacity and minimal risk of dropping the BOP/riser
For further detailed information - see attachment.