Structural Integrity and Maintenance Program, SIMP™, helps to monitor and assess structural integrity, including the fatigue capacity of the structure.
SIMP™ based classification can reduce annual total rig classification costs by 50-80%.
Structural integrity on semisubmersibles
Modifications, maintenance and upgrading of semisubmersibles is a continuous process. Our engineers have detailed knowledge and experience in structural integrity and safety issues relating to floating structures, giving the client the best service and solution on his requirement/problem.
SIMP™ helps to monitor and assess the structural integrity, including the fatigue capacity of the structure. SIMP™ has been approved by DNV as a lifetime extension tool for ageing units and gives the client benefit of higher operability, cost effective inspection, reduced risk of through thickness cracks and higher reliability.
SIMP™-based classification reduces cost
- No through-thickness cracks on the +15 rigs with SIMP™ since implementation in 1998
- Less potential for catastrophic failure and large modification / repairs
Less lost revenue
- Continuous Class - No onshore time required for rigs < 20 years
- At yard every 5 years instead of every 2.5 years for older rigs
- Known scope at yard – less overruns
Less inspection cost
- Acceptance form class society to inspect the most critical areas offshore. This reduces inspection scope with 40%.
Fields of expertise
Our structural capabilities are within both linear and non-linear FE analysis, both global and local. Our practical approach is combined with an analytical approach for the best practical solution. We also work in close cooperation with class societies for class approval of modifications and upgrading.
- Hydrodynamic motion analysis
- Linear structural analysis, ULS, FLS, ALS and SLS
- Non-linear structural analysis
- FEM analysis
- Code check
- Class approved drawings