Offshore removal operations are complex, often even more than the original installation itself
Offshore removal operations are highly complex, often even more so than the original installation itself. The condition of the platform, utility/safety systems, its residual strength and actual weight must all be assessed and taken into consideration.
We have significant experience and expertise in decommissioning oil and gas facilities in the challenging environment of the North Sea.
Having been involved in several decommissioning projects, both execution and studies, we have built up considerable knowledge within engineering down, preparation, removal and disposal of offshore installations. With this knowledge, we are able to provide our clients with expert advice and information.
Our specialists have high focus on the development of new technology to find more efficient methods to assist the industry in realising the necessary activities during offshore and inshore removal operations. Previously we have
developed a new weld free seafastening system called FlexSeaFast® and the Buoyancy Tank Assembly (BTA™) for single lift removal of jackets without the need for heavy lift vessels.
Our services consist of:
- Developing engineering down and system reten tion philosophies and methods
- Developing safe and effective methods for topsides removal, including necessary prepara tory work, removal operation and disposal
- reverse installation by heavy lift removal
- piece small removal
- temporary systems, utilities and safe access
- lifting equipment (pad eyes, trunnions)
- weight and CoG confirmation
- install bumpers/guides and reinforcements
- module separation
- lifting, transport and load-in to disposal site, including load-in
- Jacket removal by use of Buoyancy Tank Assembly, BTA™
- Development of cost estimates for removal and disposal
- Third party verification of cost estimates