Failing to protect the production facilities from overpressure situations could cause fatal accidents. The inlet arrangements must therefore have sufficient safety barriers to protect against such conditions.
Optimal production rate while maintaining overpressure protection.
An evaluation of overpressure protection are typically needed when:
- Designing new production facilities
- Planning tie-ins of satellite fields to existing infrastructure
- Prevailing standards and requirements are updated
- Production is limited by choke valve capacities due to change in well fluids and reservoir pressure
Steady state or static approaches are often conservative and can lead to expensive installations. Dynamic simulations can successfully be used to reduce design margins and installation cost.
Overpressure protection of inlet arrangements could be a challenging design task and often requires complex analysis considering dynamic behaviour.
We offer complete and comprehensive solutions:
- Full responsibility or a partner for establishing the design basis
- Detailed analysis of scenarios such as choke failure and erroneous valve operation
- Recommendations for improvements including changes to logic, operational procedure and equipment
- Dynamic simulations of flare system allowing for optimal utilisation of capacity
- Detailed reports supporting our recommendations
Our aims are:
- Optimised utilisation of plant capacity
- Safe plant design
Some of our software tools include:
- Hysys Dynamics
- Flare System Analyzer (Flarenet)