We manage weight changes on operational offshore installations until removal
In order to document the structural integrity of offshore structures, updated information about weight and centre of gravity as well as margins must be available. This is required both by Norwegian government regulations (PSA activity regulations, section 23, and framework HSE regulations, section 28) and as the basis for customer decisions on new development concepts.
Our weight and stability services can be purchased stand-alone, as a third-party consultancy or as part of a frame agreement.
Working closely with our structural reanalysis group, our experts on stability and floaters, and other departments in our special technology services team, some 25 databases are maintained for installations on the NCS.
- Continuous improvement of procedures and work instructions
- Continuous focus on the importance of weight control in projects.
We provide an in-house presence with the disciplines involved, such as weight and stability, structural reanalysis, hydrostatics and hydrodynamic expertise, and cost control.
A focus on weight control at management level leads to better quality of deliverables, ensuring that the as-is database is more accurate. That in turn enhances safety.
Typical scope of work:
- Provide updated information of weight and centre of gravity of lifted objects
- Verification of weight databases
- Continuous updating of weight databases with changes from maintenance and modification contracts and other projects
- Update of lightship weight as input to stability
- Import of standalone projects to weight databases
- Input to cost control related to compensation models
- Client computerised maintenance management system – CMMS (SAP, Workmate, etc)
- Aker Solutions operating system (PEM™)