Aker Solutions Woodfield ambient marine loading arms™ range from 4 inches to 24 inches in diameter and are designed for transferring crude oil, refined products, slurries, chemicals and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). The equipment can cover operating temperatures from -50 degrees to +200 degrees Celsius.
Aker Solutions Woodfield ambient swivels™ are well proven within the industry.
Aker Solutions Woodfield marine loading arms™ can be operated as manual, lever-hydraulic or electro-hydraulic, with either trailing lead or wireless remote control.
Position monitoring and other warning devices are available as optional extras.
Woodfield loading arms™, although normally fixed in one jetty position, can be mounted on movable trailers or rail tracks to provide dockside flexibility.
Several types of quick connect/disconnect couplings are available for the full range of Woodfield loading arms™. An emergency disconnect coupling is also available as part of a sequence controlled “shut down” disconnect system.
Aker Solutions Woodfield ambient swivels™ are well proven within the industry and fully compliant with the OCIMF Design and Construction Specification for marine loading arms. In addition to being used within marine loading arms the swivels are also used in offshore loading systems by other companies within Aker Solutions.
Standard design features
- Minimum maintenance
- Self supported product pipe
- Carbon steel/stainless steel product pipe
- Rigid pantograph link (no wire ropes - low maintenance)
- Self lubricating bushes
- Stainless steel hydraulic lines and fittings
- All product seals are fully serviceable in situ
- Loading arm fully balanced in all positions whilst empty
- OCIMF compliant
Optional design features
- Emergency release systems
- Vacuum breaker valve
- Remote lubrication
- Gas return line
- QC/DC coupler – manual or hydraulic
- Finish painting to client’s specification
- Drain valves
- Product stripping system
- Mobile trailer mounting
- TSA support jack
- Overreach alarm
- Ladders and platforms to slew, luff and apex swivels
- Position monitoring system
- N² purging system