iCon™ subsea control modules
Flexible robust subsea control modules designed for reliability. The range of iCon™ subsea control modules has evolved through over 30 years’ track record and provides a modular solution for all fields development requirements.
Configuration is flexible, allowing faster delivery along with rapid and effective deployment for specific applications, utilising standard components fully qualified for the duty required, promoting effective operating and maintenance for maximum availability.
• Utilises field proven components and technologies
• Modular construction from common components
• Conforms to EN 13628-6 standards
• Operating depth to 3 000 m.sw.
• Incorporates latest proven iCon electronics technology
• Seawater tolerant wetted components
• Qualified for all OSPAR 2007 compliant control fluids
• Up to 40 hydraulic functions with flexible combination of LP and HP
• Diver & ROV support configurations
• Single and dual redundant hydraulic, power and signal systems
• Single (monolock) and dual (Twinlock) external rotary clamp
• Extensively field-proven
• Seawater tolerant control valve
• Electrical (FSK and DSP) and optical communications
• IWIS and intelligent instrument interface compatible
• Proprietary and open protocol support
• Integral chemical injection metering options
• Remote power control
• HIPPS (high integrity pressure protection system)
• Hydraulic and electrical actuator interface
iCon™ subsea electronic module
Sophisticated and robust electronic control in all subsea conditions. The iCon™ subsea electronic module (SEM) delivers a versatile solution for all subsea control and data acquisition requirements.
Its modular construction allows scaleable configuration, from simple low functionality well control to the most advanced fast response real-time subsea processing requirements, all from common components designed and qualified to stringent EN136286 requirements.
Through utilisation of sophisticated open data systems and Ethernet based communications information technology architecture, the iCon™ SEM can deliver real value by enabling effective management of subsea operations and plant. This capability extends to providing a flexible platform, embedding intelligence and real time process control capability where it is most effective, either in the SEM or in the topside controller.
iCon™ SEM features:
• Modular and scaleable distributed architecture
• Conforms to EN13628-6 standard
• Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) tested for reliability
• Local data communications bus enabling distributed control architectures
• Multiple optically isolated RS485 serial interfaces for third party or local subsea sensors supporting intelligent devices
• Downloadable application software
• Low power consumption
• Backwardly compatible for integration into earlier Aker control systems
• Single and dual redundant configurations
• Proprietary and industry-standard protocol support
• Discrete electrical, combined power and signal and optical communications
• Fully IWIS compatible
• 4-20mA, serial and multi-dropped instrument interfaces
• Auxiliary isolated power supply for support of third party equipment
• Real time embedded process control (PID, logic control)
Low Power iCon™
Aker Solutions' Low Power iCon™ SEM has evolved from the field proven ICon™ SEM. A flexible design approach, using modular open architecture, provides a wide range of reliable control and data acquisition configurations to meet the varying requirements applicable to subsea production control systems.
Developed specifically for low power distribution systems (such as those using inductive couplers) and to resolve obsolescence issues, its function is to interpret commands from the surface computer, to control hydraulic valves and instrumentation associated with the subsea control module.
Configuration options have been developed to suit the majority of existing “legacy” systems and future requirements thoughout the global market. It is not only suitable for use in legacy systems but can also be used in systems with open communications networks.
Functionality can be extended by use of auxiliary subsea electronic modules.
• Modular and expandable distributed architecture design
• Electrical communication options available
• Various communication protocol and speed options
• Application software downloadable from surface
• Dry nitrogen filled one atmosphere enclosure
• Indsutrial grade electronic components used
• Solenoid command selections verified before execution
• Conversion of analogue input values to engineering units if required
• 24Vdc auxiliary isolated power supply for external instrumentation (not used in inductive coupler applications)
• Access to command and data points allows virtually unlimited permutations of monitoring and control sequences
• Excitation voltage and signal conditioning for both internal and remote analogue instrumentation
• Reduced core power consumption
• Standard iCon™ and 3rd generation SEM housings available to suit legacy applications
• Qualified to ISO 13628-6 with respect to shock, vibration and temperature
Pressure protection system
Protect downstream components against high pressure from wells with our high integrity pressure protection system (HIPPS).
HIPPS allows pipelines and associated downstream components to be rated for a lower pressure than the well shut-in pressure.
• Long distance pipeline – reduced pipe specification
• Marginal HP developments – tie-in to existing infrastructures/risers
• HP developments using FPSO – permit use of flexible risers and flowlines
Flow measurement systems
Instrumentation and systems for flow measurement in subsea and topside applications.
Subsea venturi meter
Our subsea venturi meter offers a proven method to provide accurate, non-intrusive flow measurement for gas production measurement, gas lift, water injection and methanol injection. Venturi meters can significantly improve well and reservoir management.
The highly machined internal profile has a low susceptibility to pitting and erosion and has no moving parts. The venturi meters can be integrated within a tree or manifold for subsea applications.
Each venturi meter can be supplied with a differential pressure transmitter. Each instrument can also be supplied with an electronic jumper connection. Multiple valve block and bleed manifolds are used to allow the differential pressure cell to be isolated from the process. Alternative mounting arrangements are supplied for diver and ROV access and for deepwater applications.
• Field-proven technology.
• 20 year design life.
• Typical Venturi meter accuracy: ± 3% F.S.D.
• 2" to 12" nominal sizes.
• Turndown: 4 to 1.
• Industrial standard autoclave connections to 5 or 6 valve manifold.
• Materials: Alloy Steel with Incolloy 825, Duplex