Aker Solutions has more than 20 years experience in delivering complete power systems and technology for subsea pumping, compression and flowline heating. The solutions have been developed together with key sub-suppliers and partners, and covers systems for high voltage power distribution down to 3000m, with a step-out of more than 200km, as well as power above 50MW and beyond.
In order to be able to boost oil and gas at given water depths and step-out distances, these systems are key enablers in making a wide range of oil and gas fields profitable and even feasible.
The main system concepts and technologies are as follows:
- Power distribution from topside variable speed drives (VSD) on platforms/FPSOs to subsea pumps and compressors
- Power from offshore installations or onshore terminals to subsea pump/compression stations, with subsea circuit breakers and VSD systems
- Subsea electrical flowline heating systems for flow assurance, with electrical systems based on:
- Direct electrical heating (DEH)
- Integrated power umbilicals (IPU) with skin- effect heat tracing systems (STS)
- Other systems requiring subsea power
- Systems for distribution of power from offshore/subsea installations to shore or other platforms. For example, solutions for the distribution of offshore wind or wave power
Aker Solutions’ subsea power department specialises in power system design and marinisation of proven solutions from the offshore and onshore high voltage power system industry. An important part of this is also the marinisation of subsea power modules, which includes pressure-compensated oil-filled enclosures and 1-atm internal pressure vessels, with body flanges, seal solutions, module structures, ROV panels etc. Aker Solutions have special facilities for this type of assembly and integration work, including Tranby and Egersund subsea hall in Norway.
Our unique experience from complex subsea power distribution projects is an important contribution in order to be able to design even more challenging subsea power systems for the future, which brings subsea oil and gas recovery to the next level.
Our services include front-end studies, detailed engineering, testing and delivery of total power systems. We offer onshore and offshore assistance, as well as commissioning and ad-hoc service. We also provide power system/product training of operators.