Do you want to play a role in the transition to sustainable energy production?
The Cost Estimation team develops cost estimates in the Front-End phases and participates in the tendering process for projects within the industries Aker Solutions serve, both in Norway and internationally. The team is also responsible for gathering and developing experience figures and working with the development of new digital tools to increase Aker Solutions’ competitiveness in a global industry.
We are looking for experienced Cost Estimators to strengthen our capabilities within emerging industries, such as, hydrogen production, carbon capture and offshore wind, in addition to our traditional offshore topsides projects.
The position can be located at our Head office in Fornebu, or at Stord, Verdal or Egersund.
What will you be doing?
- Cost estimating for concept studies, FEED and tenders
- Collection of as-built data from Aker Solutions’ projects and maintaining a database of cost performance data for Aker Solutions’ historic projects
- Improvement of Aker Solutions’ competitive position through analysis of experience data
- Benchmarking and quality assurance of cost estimates
- Support development of tools and methods for cost estimation
- Prepare and present information to corporate and tender/project management, as decision making support
- Support other project control activities in the department
- Participate in study, FEED and tender reviews
- Interact with cost estimation personnel across Aker Solutions’ global organization (support, reviews, etc.)
We think you should have:
- Master degree within technology or business. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of a Master degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within technical or project management disciplines in large projects
- Experience with preparation of CAPEX and/or OPEX estimates
- Experience with top-down and/or bottom-up estimating
- Experience with estimating land-based facilities, construction, offshore topside or renewables projects
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A commercial mindset
- Interpersonal skills, strong networking ability and a good team player
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
More reasons to work with us:
- Play an important role in shaping the energy transition
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen
- Immediate proximity to public transport, restaurants and shopping
- Free gym membership at state-of the art, inhouse training facilities
- Excellent health services provided by Aker Care
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact: Cathinka Nielsen Senior Advisor, NES Advantage Solutions, email;firstname.lastname@example.org
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.