It is our goal to ensure that we benefit local communities and build good relations based on transparent communications with local stakeholders to ensure our long-term presence. We take steps to ensure that we do not negatively impact development of communities, the environment or human rights while also contributing to local employment, economic growth and the transfer of knowledge and technology.
Aker Solutions’ most direct contribution to local economies is through local content, which includes hiring personnel and suppliers from the area and providing training and education. Programs for local content are tailored for each location to ensure sustainability and relevance.
Doing Our Part
Aker Solutions supports a variety of good causes and projects as part of our efforts to build good relations with stakeholders. The company is especially interested in civic partnerships that have a strong local impact and are mutually beneficial. In recent years we have supported and engaged in several projects:
- Participating in the National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s fundraising bike ride in Houston
- Refurbishing a school in Saõ José dos Pinhais
- Planting trees in Kuala Lumpur
- Celebrating International Women’s Day in India
- Donations to Doctors Without Borders