Do you want to solve global energy challenges for future generations?
The Aker Solutions Manufacturing Team located in Mobile, Alabama is seeking to add a Sr Manufacturing Engineer.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Reside in Mobile, Alabama (or move there)
- Be a forward thinking individual implementing Lean manufacturing principles and practices throughout the operation.
- Someone that looks for areas of inefficiency; applies lean, statistical analysis or other methodologies and techniques to streamline, improve or correct process control.
What will you be doing?
In no specific order, and not limited to, the following functions are expected of Senior Manufacturing Engineer :
- Create digital work instructions from approved engineering work instructions for assembly and welding operations.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, performance and quality of product or service, provides technical guidance and suggests changes in programs or processes to increase efficiency and improve results. Be an individual contributor by checking/approving technical documents and taking leadership on selected projects, tenders and studies
- Use engineering or work-related skills to solve technical design-related problems, analyzing and interpreting experimental and field data and making recommendations concerning product design, materials, and manufacture.
- Work with operators to determine if they need job specific tooling (Umbilical closings, Umbilical Extrusion, Hydro testing, Electrical testing, tube bending in termination, DE, etc)
- Work with all of manufacturing to design/document test setups as required to aid operator understanding and manpower pool.
- Interfaces with all Engineering, Manufacturing and Maintenance departments to ensure accuracy of project requirements
- Improve manufacturing process control, production operations efficiencies and incorporate new methods and processes
- Execute LEAN manufacturing techniques and design. Manage projects to completion using product continuous improvement
- Assist in preventive maintenance program for all of manufacturing, ensuring equipment is maintained and operated in accordance with manufacturers recommendations
- Propose cost effective improvements to the facility, its equipment and operational processes.
- Identify weaknesses in equipment (actual vs availability) and determine a path forward.
- Identify cost savings in each department concerning manpower, 5S, physical workflows, etc.
We think you should have:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential and job specific duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors in Engineering
- 7+ of technical experience
- Experience working with automation systems and PLCs
- Ability to proficiently communicate ideas and concepts, developing the ability to persuade and influence others as needed, explaining why things are done the way they are within a broader organizational context.
- The successful candidate should have a solid understanding and background in manufacturing with a proven record of technical accomplishments.
- Ability to work independently to develop, collect and interpret data, and prepare reports and work instructions for a variety of projects.
- Be able to read and understand technical drawings and procedures.
- Ability to contribute to bid and proposal processes.
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts, explaining detailed technical information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are important.
- Good organization, interpersonal, and interaction skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate machines and power tools is preferable
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness, the ability to plan and manage work in an efficient manner, and the ability to work well under stress and time pressures.
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks.
In addition, the Mobile, AL site has just undergone a renovation of its main building, optimizing space as well as providing a design to allow more natural light into the space. Right on the water, the Mobile site is truly a one stop shop for visitors and clients alike to have meetings using state of the art technology, as well as tour the plant to observe our manufacturing process using cutting edge technology. This is truly a workplace that is designed to foster a collaborative work environment in order to bolster creativity from our very talented workforce.
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Julie Watkins, Sr Recruiter NES Advantage Solutions, email@example.com
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.