Do you want to play a role in solving global energy challenges for future generations?
At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future. We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience.
Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up 2/3 of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
We offer front-end engineering, engineering management, system capability and technical competences. In addition, we offer a range of methods and digital solutions enabling an efficient engineering process.
We are front runners in our transition to sustainable energy solutions and through multidiscipline teams we challenge existing plant solutions, develop new solutions and solve our clients’ needs to enable technical feasibility and sound business decisions. We focus on process plants and we need you with your conceptual mindset wanting to develop new ways, new plants and work in an innovative and dedicated team.
What will you be doing?
Engineering of subsea control systems including but not limited to:
- HFL & hydraulic distributions systems
- Stabplates, Hoses and fittings
- Control Mudules
- Subsea structures
- ROV tooling
- Provide assistance in product design drawings and development work for product line, producing drawings and related documentation as directed.
- Provide technical advice and instruction/interpretation of design rules/ procedures/standards to less experienced colleagues, and ensure their understanding is sufficient for the appropriate delivery of work
- Review technical documentation
- Specify specifying load conditions and design criteria for structural calculations
- Capable of performing simple calculations to determine capacity of frames, pressure vessels and pipes
- Knowledge of machining and welding processes
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards (e.g.: API 6A, API 17 series, API RP 2A, API 2GEO, ASME BPVC, etc.) required
- Ability to interpret and apply GD&T on drawings and models
- Subsea Hardware (i.e.: XMTs, Manifolds, WOS, PLETs, PLEMs, Distribution Systems, and Tie-in) required
Prior experience with Solidworks / SAP-PLM preferred
We think you should have:
- Bachelors/ Masters in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of technical experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of Subsea Controls engineering experience
- Strong Engineering basics
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts, explaining detailed technical information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are important
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Join a company committed to becoming a significant player in the energy transition
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Healthy work-life balance
Interested? Contact us.
Diversity and Inclusion
Aker Solutions is empowered by its diverse workforce. We ensure a good working environment where equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are considered vital to our success. We believe diversity creates value, attracts talent, and makes life more interesting. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds related to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability, age, and more.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.