Join us in solving global energy challenges for future generations.
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we need talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Our team in Reading provide front-end studies, engineering, procurement and project management services for initiating and executing oil and gas field, HVDC, renewable energy and carbon capture developments.
We are currently looking for a Talented and enthusiatic Weight engineer to strengthen the team.
What will you be doing?
Work as part of the weight control team on a project or in a tender in accordance with Aker Solutions’ values / attitudes and contractual requirements.
Responsible for performance of specific weight engineering activities / tasks as directed by the lead weight engineer or senior weight engineers within areas such as:
- Performing weight control engineering in accordance with the Project Execution Model / Plan (PEM/PEP) and with the schedule, budget and contractual requirements, keeping a focus on Quality and HSE aspects.
- Retrieving of weight and centre of gravity information from the 3D model.
- Validating of weight and centre of gravity information provided by disciplines.
- Validating weight information against historical data.
- Providing inputs to and preparing technical reports, SOW and Basis of Design.
- Supporting in maintaining good client relations.
- Providing inputs to risk management, to identify project threats and opportunities related to weight control.
- Keeping the lead / senior weight engineers informed of progress of work.
We think you should have:
- Team player, eager to learn and grow professionally.
- Desire to start or further develop a career in weight control engineering.
- Experience of weight control for fixed and mobile offshore oil and gas production facilities or Wind Platform is beneficial.
- Knowledge of methods and norms for providing weight estimates and COGs for offshore installations through all design phases, such as study phase, concept definition, pre-FEED, FEED is beneficial.
- Knowledge of the relevant rules and codes of practice for weight control procedures for offshore installations, such as API, ANSI, Norsok, DNv, Noble Denton and ISO 19901-5 is beneficial.
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Join a company committed to becoming a significant player in the energy transition
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact Dawn Aindow, Regional Manager : email firstname.lastname@example.org
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
Diversity and Inclusion
Aker Solutions is empowered by its diverse workforce. We ensure a good working environment where equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are considered vital to our success. We believe diversity creates value, attracts talent, and makes life more interesting. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds related to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability, age, and more.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.