Do you want to solve tough challenges for the global energy industry?
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Our Engineering Team in St. John's, NL is now looking for a Senior Piping Designer.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the development of engineering deliverables within a multi-discipline team of engineers and designers
- Carrying out conceptual and detailed piping designs based on project specifications and engineering inputs in accordance with applicable specifications, standards and codes (CSA, ASME, API and DNV)
- Providing support to the PDMS Administrator on design concepts, new technologies and solutions to be incorporated into PDMS
- Applying best practices to solve functional issues and improve programs and/or processes in support of design challenges
- Preparing bulk or material requisitions for procurement and fabrication of materials
- Analyzing the effect of proposed changes for proper fit and/or interference problems and recommend possible solutions or alternate construction
- Modifying drawings as required and conferring with engineers to resolve issues
- Applying an in-depth understanding in selection of piping components such as: valves, flanges, adapters, welded interfaces, elbows, bolting, sealing interfaces, gaskets, pipe support hardware
We think you should have:
- Technical college diploma with a minimum of 7 - 10 years’ experience, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Experience in a brownfield maintenance environment
- Solid understanding of standard methods and practice
- Advanced knowledge and experienced with computer-aided design software and techniques including PDMS
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
Interested? Contact us.
Aker Solutions is committed to employment equity, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Consistent with the Accords Act, residents of Newfoundland and Labrador specifically, and Canadians generally, who are qualified, will be given first consideration for training and employment.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.