Do you want to solve tough challenges for the global energy industry?
Our Major Projects and Manufacturing Team in Mobile, Alabama is seeking to add a Senior Project Manager.
Ideal candidates will have SURF experience and EPC Project Life Cycle experience.
What will you be doing?
- Manage allocated human and material resources, maintaining financial and progress forecasting to ensure projects are delivered according to schedule, within budget and KPI’s are met.
- Produce risked based decisions to strategic issues and present recommendations to internal/external stakeholders.
- Lead and motivate team to inspire commitment to project success and to ensure all work is completed in line with contracted requirements.
- Act as the single point of contact for work package/product/area of discipline and communicate any variations to the contract/project to ensure performance control.
- Provide input within the bid process by preparing analyse/report/’what if’ scenarios as required by use of standard models and processes and provides input into risk reporting for project portfolios and manage work package risks.
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle.
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
We think you should have:
- Bachelor’s in Business, Engineering or Management
- Project management certification strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of technical or relevant experience; 8+ years project management experience
- Able to act as the team’s subject matter expert within the project management area and transfer subject matter expertise and understanding to stakeholders and/or internal customers regarding why work is performed the way it is and how it impacts the broader organization.
- Typically has knowledge of business operations and is able to implement and lead change effectively.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business segments and departments
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas to achieve a common business objective
- Ability to monitor, report and mitigate concerns related to project progress, quality, and cost clearly and proactively.
- Ability to successful manage conflicting priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead multiple project work scopes, or a single complex project
Interested? Contact us.
Julie Watkins, Recruitment Consultant: email@example.com Ammara Gull, Recruitment Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.