Do you want to play a role in solving global energy challenges for future generations?
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Our AIM department in Aberdeen are now looking for a Corrosion Engineer.
What will you be doing?
Whilst specialising in Corrosion and Materials, the engineer will also be involved in the broader Asset Integrity / Engineering tasks undertaken by the Engineering team and may also be asked to assist temporarily as an analysis specialist on project work.
- Accountable for providing corrosion engineering, mitigation, monitoring and material selection support services across pressure systems, pipelines, structures and floating systems as part of an integrated integrity and corrosion management service.
- Ensuring corrosion and materials expertise drives the delivery of safe, compliant and efficient operations and supports the focus on engineering risk.
- Demonstrate the required values and behaviours, Safety, Excellence, One Team, Courage and Respect has context menu.
- Provide corrosion and materials engineering expertise to other teams (Operations, Maintenance & Reliability, Projects Ops, Turnarounds and Subsea) to manage corrosion and erosion threats on equipment for which they are the Equipment Class Owner.
- Ensure pragmatic solutions are identified and implemented to manage risk, production efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation, to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations.
- Own and maintain the corrosion threat assessment for the asset ensuring that the identified threats reflect current operations and use this to define, implement and manage Corrosion and Materials mitigation programs across all teams.
- Review and endorse corrosion-related metrics (e.g. corrosion control matrices and LOPC data) and intervene where appropriate.Integrate with associated disciplines to ensure adequate equipment care, including production chemistry, pressure systems integrity, structural & civil engineering and pipeline engineering.
- Provide corrosion and materials engineering support in FFS barrier evaluations and incident investigations.Record relevant learning in shared learning systems, incorporate into local activities, specifications/ practices/ procedures and escalate high priority lessons.
- Support the development and optimisation of fabric maintenance programs to ensure implementation of the external corrosion management strategy.
- Development of Asset corrosion management strategies and update thereofInitiating and facilitating strategic and tactical reviews of the corrosion control system to support and ensure validity of risk assessments and mitigation activitiesInteract and utilise the corrosion monitoring and inspection databases supporting the corrosion and inspection management strategy.
- Defining and providing scope for corrosion monitoring activities, particularly in conjunction with product chemist e.g., probe, coupon removal and analysis, chemical analysis data review and microbial analysis data review.
- Conduct periodic reviews of cathodic protection data for use by the structural and pipeline engineers, including issuance of summary reports.
We think you should have:
- Degree level in EngineeringDiscipline.
- Chartership in Engineering Discipline.
- Member of NACE or equivalent organisation
- Demonstrable relevant experience.
- Sound working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standard.
- Conversant with appropriate technical software.
- Aware of latest technical developments
- Current Offshore Survival Certificate
- Current Offshore Medical Certificate
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
Interested? Contact us.
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
Diversity and Inclusion
Aker Solutions is empowered by its diverse workforce. We ensure a good working environment where equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are considered vital to our success. We believe diversity creates value, attracts talent, and makes life more interesting. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds related to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability, age, and more.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.