Do you want to play a role in the transition to sustainable energy production?
At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future.
We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience. Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up two-thirds of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
Our team in Aberdeen are looking for a Structural Integrity Engineer to based at AIBP office in Dyce, Aberdeen.
What will you be doing?
- Management of work scopes and preparation of progress reports in accordance with the plan
- Detailed analysis to understand the behaviour of complex details in as-design, damaged and post-repair conditions
- Technical support to client regarding performance envelope of assets, design basis, design code compliance, topside loading or integrity of the asset fabric
- Preparation and update of inspection strategies, component criticality assessment and SOIRs
- Inspection anomaly review, mitigation and risk assessment
- Review all structural inspection reports and confirm the structural inspections have been carried out as required, identify and action mitigations where necessary
- Review and action where applicable structural anomalies
- Contribute to the development and completion of fabric maintenance strategies, programs and plans
- Conceptual and detail engineering for development and repair schemes (e.g. repair clamps, composite material repairs, replacements)
- Technical input to failure mechanism identification
- Technical input to risk assessments and risk based inspection assessments
- Accountable for monthly KPI attainment relevant to the discipline
- Responsible for ensuring all work is compliant with relevant client engineering safety standards and practices
- Attend Client facing meetings as required
- Technical input to failure investigations and failure mechanism identification
- Management of work scopes and tasks and maintenance of progress repo
We think you should have:
- Degree level in Engineering Discipline - Essential
- Chartership in Engineering Discipline - Preferred
- Member of NACE or equivalent organisation - Preferred
- Demonstrable relevant experience - Essential
- Sound working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards - Essential
- Conversant with appropriate technical software - Essential
- Aware of latest technical developments - Essential
- Current Offshore Survival Certificate - Preferred
- Current Offshore Medical Certificate - Preferred
- Demonstrable relevant experience in material degradation and failure modes - Essential
- Demonstrable relevant experience in fitness for service assessment (Levels 1 & 2)- Essential
- Demonstrable relevant experience in applicable inspection methods- Essential
- Presentation and meeting skills.- Essential
- Good communicator at all levels within the organisation and with external clients.- Essent
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
Interested? Contact us.
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
Diversity and Inclusion
Aker Solutions is empowered by its diverse workforce. We ensure a good working environment where equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are considered vital to our success. We believe diversity creates value, attracts talent, and makes life more interesting. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds related to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability, age, and more.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.