Do you want to solve global energy challenges for future generations?
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.The Topside Controls team based in the UK and the Tranby technology center is responsible for developing and maintaining all Topside Products globally, including the required infrastructure. The team is also responsible for executing both project and SLS work scopes. Our team currently consists of product owners and specialists as well as hardware, software, cyber security and network engineers. The team is engaged in maintaining best practices for Network Engineering within development, testing, maintenance, traceability, revision control, release management and requirement management. We are now seeking a dedicated Network Engineer who is passionate about technology and making commitments to deliver great systems. We are looking for you to have a proactive approach to all aspects of your work, enjoy sharing knowledge and experience with your team and being motivated by delivering and developing high quality solutions. At Aker Solutions, we can offer you the ability to grow and develop your expertise. It is important to note that we are open for remote work, but the Network Engineer must be able travel to Tranby, Norway for some periods of time during the year.
What will you be doing?
Responsibilities and tasks within Network Development include, but are not limited to:
- Define requirements, develop new functionality and perform necessary upgrades and corrections for Network Topologies
- Drive and support our improvement initiatives
- Provide network support to projects and Subsea Lifecycle Services (SLS) and take active part in troubleshooting
- Participate and foster strong co-operation between the software, hardware, systems engineers, and project delivery teams
- Take an active part in defining and developing SW test environments, automated test systems and simulators
You will be a key contributor to the exciting Jansz subsea compression project
We think you should have:
- Bsc / Msc degree within relevant fields alongside a proven track record of consistent results
- Strong knowledge with Cisco Routers and Switches. CCNA certification is an advantage
- Experience within Networking design in industrial process control and an understanding of fault-finding techniques
- Knowledge of subsea control system networks and Oil & Gas/subsea domain knowledge is an advantage
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to plan and prioritize own time and that of others
- Commitment to continuous improvement of products, processes and tools
More reasons to work with us:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Be part of the transition to a sustainable future for energy production
- Excellent health services provided by Aker Care
- Several company cabins in Norway and Spain
- Free parking and chargers for electrical cars
- 30-minute drive from Oslo
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Maja Haug, Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions AS, email: email@example.com
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.