Do you want to play a role in solving global energy challenges for future generations?
The world's toughest job awaits. At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future.
We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience. Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up two-thirds of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
Our Legal function in Kuala Lumpur is now looking for a Legal Counsel.
What will you be doing?
- Provide legal support to tender and project execution processes, including advise on contract terms, delivery models, procurement, potential partnering, and local jurisdictional requirements
- Take part in and drive negotiation processes towards clients, suppliers and partners
- Support corporate governance processes for Aker Solutions’ global delivery models and our global presence, including establishment of cross-border legal and contractual structures
- Manage potential claims and dispute resolution processes
- Liaise with external counsel, e.g. to obtain specialized advice in jurisdictions where we operate
- Provide legal advice to Aker Solutions’ management teams and projects, taking into account commercial, operational, and strategic contexts
We think you should have:
- Master of Law or equivalent with strong academic results
- 2-10 years’ experience as a legal professional, either in-house or with a law firm
- Prior relevant experience with contract drafting and negotiations within energy services / oil and gas / renewable / construction projects is a benefit but not a requirement
- Experience within any of the following areas is a benefit: corporate law and governance, company secretarial, finance, M&A, labor law, IT, software and digitalization, intellectual property, competition law, public administrative law, sanctions and trade compliance, business integrity and anti-corruption, human rights, personal data, tax, marine operations and transportation
- A strong personal motivation, strategic mindset and drive towards commercial behavior
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Immediate proximity to public transport, restaurants and shopping
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position please contact
Senior Recruitment Consultant
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.