Do you want to play a role in solving global energy challenges for future generations?
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future ensuring that oil and gas is produced with the lowest emissions possible.
Aker Solutions Structural & Marine department based in Bergen, consists of 80 well qualified and experienced engineers. 50 + engineers work within specialized services and delivers world class technology within marine analyses for floating and fixed installations, structural integrity assessments and riser solutions. Some examples are: Wave in deck analyses (CFD), non-linear structural assessments, establish and maintain structural reanalyses models for numerous installations and clients, stability analyses, mooring analyses, linear structural assessments and analyses, advanced FEM analyses, Riser and Umbilical analyses etc. In addition to this, our engineers participate in smaller and major multidiscipline modification projects like Electrification of the Troll field, Major upgrade of the Njord A floater, Mongstad onshore projects and other modification projects that extend the lifetime of older installations. We maintain the structural analyses models and weight databases for several of the major oil companies in Norway which secures a steady workflow and a sustainable business.
We need newly educated and motivated Structural Engineers or Naval Architects who can strengthen our team in Bergen in our existing market and play a role in the transition to sustainable energy production.
What will you be doing?
- You will be involved in a wide variety of projects ranging from smaller Front End Studies to Major Modification Projects and various Specialist ServicesDetail design and calculation of modification, upgrades, lifetime extensions, etc.
- Perform local and global analyses of offshore structures
- Participate in concept studies and project execution in maintenance and modification projects
- Multidisciplinary collaboration in projects
- Varied tasks and responsibilities
- Possibility for offshore/site surveys
We think you should have:
- You have recently graduated, or you are about to graduate from your final year of studies (MSc or BSc) within relevant area (civil engineering or marine technology)
- You have a high ability to learn and great interest for new technology and digitalization
- A commercial mindset and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English
- Ability to take initiative and to be flexible.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following softwares is an advantage: Sesam package, Inventor, Autocad, Python, Orcaflex,Flexcom, CAD tools
If this appeals to you, please send us a motivation letter, your CV and your diploma and transcript. If you are currently enrolled in a master’s program, you can send a preliminary grade transcript. Please note that applications without a diploma/transcript will not be evaluated. If you apply for several roles, please specify your preferred area and location in your application. Start date: August 2022, or sooner when possible.
More reasons to work with us:
- As an Aker Solutions employee, you will participate in project teams that proudly deliver world class projects. You will work together with some of our most experienced and knowledgeable engineers and gain valuable experience
- As an employee in Aker Solutions, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations
- Healthy work/life balance. We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life
- You will be a part of our Solutioneers, an international employee network that brings together our young talents for professional development, networking and fun. In addition, Aker offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees
- We can promise you it will be both challenging and fun!
Interested? Contact us.
Ina Brattli, Senior Recruiter NES Advantage Solutions AS +47 41 66 35 43 email@example.com
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.