Do you want to solve tough challenges for the global energy industry?
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
The Floaters and Marine Technology group in Front-End has shaped the Company's deliveries of floating installation over several decades. We have a strong footprint in the oil and gas industry being responsible for all aspects including design and analysis related to SEMI, FPSO, TLP and other hull designs. Our group is involved from the concept phase to the final product. Now, we are part of the important change to the renewable segment, focusing on aquaculture and floating wind. Based in Fornebu, our team is responsible for the design and analyses of floating installations. The team consists of a group of highly qualified structrural engineers and naval architects with a broad range of experience within marine technology.
Our Floater Products department at Fornebu is looking for a Graduate Structural Engineer.
As this is an entry-level engineering position, it's a great opportunity for graduates, who want to gain, develop, and realize potential and knowledge within floating offshore structures.
What will you be doing?
- You will be involved in a wide variety of projects ranging from smaller Front End Studies to Major Detail Projects
- Perform local and global analyses of offshore structures within oil and gas, floating wind and fish farming
- Documentation of strength and design according to governing codes and specifications
- Multidisciplinary collaboration in projects
- Varied tasks and responsibilities
We think you should have:
- You have recently graduated, or you are about to graduate from your final year of studies (MSc) within relevant area
- You have a high ability to learn and genuine interest in new technology and digitalization
- You are self-contained and motivated to collaborate in a creative team
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English
- You are a team player with a strong work ethic and a proactive and positive mindset
More reasons to work with us:
- As an Aker Solutions employee, you will participate in project teams that proudly deliver world class projects. You will work together with some of our most experienced and knowledgeable engineers and gain valuable experience
- As an employee in Aker Solutions, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations
- Healthy work/life balance. We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life
- You will be a part of our Solutioneers, an international employee network that brings together our young talents for professional development, networking and fun. In addition, Aker offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees
- With continuous development of concepts and solutions, no two days are the same. There are always new challenges and constantly new things to learn
- We can promise you it will be both challenging and fun!
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Per Flugstad, Department Manager - Floater Products, Aker Solutions, Tel: +47 415 70 330 or
Nina Laugerud, Senior Advisor, NES Advantage Solutions, Tel: +47 23 96 08 94
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.