Do you want to play a role in solving global energy challenges for future generations?
Aker Solutions in Mobile, AL is seeking to add a Sr Welder. The Senior Certified Welder performs Super Duplex Stainless Steel TIG (Orbital and Hand) welding andrelated tasks for the completion of Subsea Umbilical terminations, distribution equipment, or umbilicalclosing activities.
Open to applicants local to the Mobile, Alabama area only at this time.
What will you be doing?
- Achieve, Maintain, and actively perform certified orbital and certified manual (hand) Aker Solutions Welding Procedures on Production umbilicals and distribution equipment.
- Follow and record traceability of welding and work instructions steps per Aker standards.
- Welding Setup: Knowledge/Implementation of Inert Gas setup, perform Weld Metal Prep (grooves, angles, gaps, set backs) to specific tolerances per weld specifications (e.g. electrode position, arc input requirements, dwell time, etc).
- Welding: Understands base metal and welding rod requirements without procedures, understands welding geometry and contours and incorporates knowledge respect to warpage and shrinkage. Can troubleshoot issues during welding and find path forward.
- In addition: shall perform assembly of Aker Umbilical Terminations and/or Aker Distribution Equipment, or other related Aker products and assemblies.
We think you should have:
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Technical welding degrees/certifications are plus
- 7-10 years of TIG welding experience manual/hand or orbital (min.)
- The Senior Certified Welder performs Super Duplex Stainless Steel TIG (Orbital and Hand) welding and
related tasks for the completion of Subsea Umbilical terminations, distribution equipment, or umbilical closing activities.
- Perform pre-employment Welding Competency Test
- Pre-employment Background Check
- Be able to read and understand technical drawings and procedures and perform tasks as described
- Application of Lean and/or Six Sigma concepts
- Perform night shift work when required, typical of inline umbilical welding, not typical of A&T Welders
- Operate lifting equipment and overhead cranes is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks.
In addition, the Mobile, AL site has just undergone a renovation of its main building, optimizing space as well as providing a design to allow more natural light into the space. Right on the water, the Mobile site is truly a one stop shop for visitors and clients alike to have meetings using state of the art technology, as well as tour the plant to observe our manufacturing process using cutting edge technology. This is truly a workplace that is designed to foster a collaborative work environment in order to bolster creativity from our very talented workforce.
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact;
Julie Watkins, Sr Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, email@example.com
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.