Do you want to solve tough challenges for the global energy industry?
The world's toughest job awaits. At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future. We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience.
Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up 2/3 of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
To enable further growth and innovation across our Subsea offerings and solutions, we are looking for a new engineering talent. Are you graduating spring/summer 2022 and interested in System Engineering? Your base will be Tranby – our global subsea technology center and Norway manufacturing base. Your project teams will be global.
What will you be doing?
As a Subsea System Engineer, you will be at the center of subsea system design, with responsibility for a rich variety system engineering tasks within unique subsea projects. A rare opportunity to develop as part of an experienced and multi-discipline engineering team reaching across the globe. Your initial activities and tasks as part of subsea projects or studies could include:
- Prepare system drawings (field schematics, piping and instrumentation diagrams)
- Coordinate internal/external equipment and system interfaces with product engineers, client and third parties
- Prepare, coordinate, and update project scope of supply
- Prepare client training systems (handbook, animation)
- Prepare project design philosophies and perform system analyses
- Prepare system test procedures and contribute during on-site testing
- Tasks are assigned, and to a certain extent defined and supported as needed, by senior personnel
- Performing the above system engineering tasks requires input from, and interaction with, many internal stakeholders (application engineers, product engineers, system engineers, materials engineers, safety engineers etc.)
- You may interact directly with client’s technical representatives related to your scopes
- You will provide clear system engineering input to enable other engineers deliver work package and products
- You will work according to procedures, guidelines, and work instructions
- Role is multi-disciplinary, covering a wide range of technical areas
We think you should have:
- BSc or MSc in an engineering discipline – completed in 2022
- Good communication skills in English
- Subsea engineering study, courses or related work experience would be beneficial
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is mandatory
- Demonstrate a proactive and innovative attitude with structured and solution-oriented mindset and excellent communication skills
- Be open for new ideas and have a continuous improvement mindset
- High interest in expanding own knowledge building internal network and understanding AKSO’s engineering processes
- Strong ability to quickly understand technical issues and learn how to perform new tasks
- Be a genuine team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively both within own team and towards many other internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability to work in global teams and have an international mentality
- Decision making and execution skills - striving for quality and delivery on time
- Customer (internal and external) oriented
- Hands on, structured and efficient
More reasons to work with us:
- As an employee in Aker Solutions, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations
- Healthy work/life balance. We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life
- You will be a part of our Solutioneers, an international employee network that brings together our young talents for professional development, networking and fun. In addition, we offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees
- We can promise you it will be both challenging and fun!
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact: Magdalena Peczek, Recruitment Coordinator, NES Advantage Solutions, email: email@example.com
Please attach your CV, cover letter and transcripts of grades when applying online.
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.