Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions' Front End SURF (Subsea Umbilical, Riser and Flowline) based in Trondheim, are facing increased demand for our services and are seeking engineers (M.Sc, Ph.D) for challenging tasks within pipeline design.
The work is project based and covers all phases from concept through FEED and Detail to follow-on. Potential construction follow-up and participation in offshore installation campaigns may also be part of the work. The main engineering activities are related to flowline routing and dimensioning, including FEM analyses using e.g. ANSYS and SIMLA in addition to in-house developed software. Engineering and design of subsea structures, installation assessments, cost estimation and schedule planning are also relevant tasks.
We primarily seek candidates with relevant experience, but also candidates with experience from marine engineering, mechanical engineering and construction technology/analyses as well as newly graduates in 2020 are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Flowline dimensioning and stability analyses
- Flowline bottom roughness and free span analyses
- Flowline thermal expansion analyses
- Seabed intervention design
- Installation analyses
- Riser design and analyses
- Structural design and analyses
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Preferably relevant courses within flowline- or subsea engineering design
- Master Degree
- Familiar with FEM analyses tools like ANSYS or ABAQUS
- Familiar with use of Python and/or MathCad.
- Motivation and drive to contribute to further develop the SURF-division
- Structured and ability to work well alone and in cooperation with others
- Positive and proactive
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
For more information about the position, please contact:
Head of Front End SURF, Svein Bardal, tel. +47 92823032
Senior Recruiter, Svein Erling Sæther, tel. + 47 92801475
Please apply online, attach your CV, cover letter and diploma
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
We look forward to receiving your application within December 16/12/2019