Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions Legal is a truly integrated global team consisting of 40 lawyers based in nine locations in Norway, UK, US, Brazil, India and Malaysia. Our main legal hub is located at Aker Solutions’ headquarters at Fornebu and covers both domestic and global operations as well as corporate functions. We pride ourselves with being one of Norway’s largest in-house legal teams, and with playing a role in an energy industry undergoing major transformation.
We are now looking for 2 new colleagues to further strengthen our team.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide advice on legal exposure relating to tendering of work and execution of projects in accordance with Aker Solutions’ policies and local legislation
- Prepare and negotiate a broad range of international contractual documents such as complex contracts of sale of services and products, cooperation agreements and alliances, licence agreements and consultancy agreements
- Participate in international tender preparations and negotiations
- Provide legal support to our project portfolio and participate in project management teams when applicable
- Implement actions needed to comply with contract requirements
- Provide legal support to our legal entities worldwide, including corporate, regulatory and compliance support
- Participate in legal analysis of new country and market entries, and the implementation of the same
- Liaise with external counsel when needed for local legal advice and in relation to claims and disputes
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Master of Law, or equivalent, with excellent academic results
- +/- 5 years of relevant legal experience, including contract drafting and negotiations
- For one of the positions, experience and/or interest in the area of information technology is considered an advantage, both for the purpose of sourcing of IT services as well as supporting market entry of the company’s IT products
- Organizational, technological and commercial understanding and interest
- Advanced proficiency in English
- Recognizable personal integrity, collaborative and flexible attitude, excellent communications skills
- Sets high quality standards, takes initiative, acts with confidence, works under own direction and ensures progress where needed
- Shares expertise and knowledge for the benefit of the team
- Thrives in an international environment and demonstrates respect and sensitivity towards cultural differences
We are open to considering candidates with a more senior and/or specialized profile.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
For further information please contact:
Andreas Blom, NES Advantage, Senior Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org, +47 90736350
Pernille Brente, Aker Solutions, Director of Legal Norway, email@example.com, +47 46638157
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.