Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Front End’s Marine Technology Department, based in Fornebu, Bærum, is responsible for delivering advanced marine analyses, mooring system design, and analyses for floating platforms used within oil and gas, fish farming and floating wind. Our team consists of a small group of highly qualified naval architects with a broad range of experience within hydrodynamic analyses, mooring design, stability analyses, model testing and marine operations.
We’re looking for a curious Naval Architect to join our team.
As this is an entry level engineering position, it’s a great opportunity for graduates, or candidates with a few years' experience, who want to gain and develop their knowledge and realize their potential within Naval Architecture.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
As a Naval Architect you will be assigned to early phase studies and projects to perform stability and hydrodynamic analysis of floating platforms.
Why should you join our team?
- Work on floating projects within O&G, floating offshore wind and fish farming
- Work with large clients within the energy industry
- Be involved in projects from an early phase
- Receive various complex tasks in an fast-changing environment
- Receive support & technical guidance from a highly experienced and qualified team of Naval Architects
- Maintain & expand knowledge and skills in the engineering area
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Have a Higher Technical University degree (M.Sc. or higher) within Naval Architecture, and a few years of experience (Graduates will be considered)
- Have good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Are a team player with a strong work ethic and a proactive and positive attitude
- Are efficient and structured in your way of working in combination with a service- and solution-oriented approach
- Are curious and have an open mind when it comes to understanding customer needs and technology
- Are adaptable and enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- Have a Norwegian work permit
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Please attach your CV, cover letter and diploma when applying online.
For further information regarding this position please contact:
Rolf Løken, Senior Manager, Aker Solutions, Tel: +47 932 63 981 or
Synøve Sørland, Senior Recruiter, NES Advantage, Tel: +47 481 08 511
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.