Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We are looking for talented people with the right attitude that are ready to roll up their sleeves and help deliver superior performance worldwide. Here in Stavanger, our main office in Jåttåvågen is just a couple minutes from the train station by foot, making it very easy to get to us. You will love the great selection of shops and restaurants just a stone’s throw away. We have a fantastic building with onsite cantine, the latest technology, a Sports and Welfare organization and Solutioneers for our young professionals.
We have highly skilled, social and creative people working in our Safety department. Wellbeing, communication and hard work is important to us and we work together as a team to deliver to our customers
We are now looking for a Firewater Engineer, work preparation for a temporary position in Stavanger.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Development of or update of philosophies, design basis safety strategies etc.
- System design of firewater and AFFF-, water mist-, passive fireprotection-, escape and evacuation- and fire & gas detection systems
- Assessment of risk level for different solutions including associated qualitative/ quantitative analysis
- SIL analysis
- Initiate required technical safety reviews/-verifications and be responsible for Safety design reviews such as HAZID, Safety assessments, ALARP assessments etc.
- Establish Safety drawings such as Escape route drawings, Hazardous area drawings, F&G detection drawings, Fire Protection Data Sheets, Active- and Passive fire protection
- Ensure that relevant regulations and standards are known, understood, and followed in the project
- Ensure that work within discipline activities is performed in accordance with the project execution model for the assigned project.
- Cooperation and coordination with other disciplines, clients, manufacturers, sites, etc.
- Be involved in the development of Safety & Environment department's expertise
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Master or Bachelor degree
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and standards
- In-debt knowledge of Norsok S-001 and relevant NFPA standards
- Ability to work independently and thorough as well as ability to work in team
- Have good multidiscipline understanding
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Preferable Experience/Qualifications: Pipenet and TIME
- Good communicative skills in Norwegian and English
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
For more information about the positions, please contact:
Recruiter Ólöf Guðnadóttir, Email: email@example.com - Tlf: +47 41 58 54 56
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.