Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Our innovative engineering team in Kuala Lumpur work on local and global projects, providing integrated solutions from subsea to surface and through the life of an energy asset. The local projects also include offshore work in East Malaysia.
We are looking for talented and ambitious engineers who wants to learn and grow with us in a fast-paced environment. Opportunities are available for contract roles in multiple engineering disciplines.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead the design of Hull Structures including its interfacing with topside structures for Floating Facilities.
- Oversee the Hull Structural Design including Riser, Mooring, Offloading, Topside Module Stools and LQ arrangements for major Floating Facilities.
- Review and verify the procedures and models for Hull deflection data/analysis including calculations and effects of deck bending and module sway for FPSO / Floater Hull.
- Direct and mentor structural teams both internal and 3rd party under direct control.
- Lead the execution of all engineering deliverables planned by the Project.
- Responsible for the preparation of structural design philosophy, design basis and functional specification of design, engineering and construction of the FPSO.
- Responsible for a team of Senior Engineers, Engineers and Designers to facilitate all structural engineering activities and deliverables.
- Interfacing with other disciplines for designing the FPSO.
- Assist in managing key packages/subcontracting activities (if any).
- Lead and overlook the preparation of MDR, structural report and calculation, engineering analysis, engineering drawings, MTO and material specification.
- Perform Corporate Technical Review on key design deliverables.
- Review and Approve input prepared by Seniors / Leads for (bidding) proposals – man-hours estimate, resource planning, qualifications, project execution plan.
- Review/prepare management of change (variation order, scopes of work, etc.)
- Discipline expert and reference point for any technical solutions for tenders and projects
- Assist the tender team preparing any bid documents and proposals that require technical input and cost estimates.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering.
- Registered with BEM and having Professional Engineer (PE) certification is mandatory
- 15 - 20 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas, offshore and/or onshore, in the Structural or Civil engineering discipline.
- Must have Lead experience in at least 1 Full Cycle FPSO Project.
- Technical Specialist level in Oil and Gas industry with Fixed and Floating structures experience required.
- Hands-on experience in analysing results from technical software.
- Expert in implementation of international and local codes and standards.
- Must be well versed in all lifecycle of O&G development projects, Concept, FEED and DDE.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Tang Pui Ling
Account Manager, NES Advantage
+6012 498 7545