Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Our innovative engineering team in Kuala Lumpur work on local and global projects, providing integrated solutions from subsea to surface and through the life of an energy asset. The local projects also include offshore work in East Malaysia.
We are looking for talented and ambitious engineers who wants to learn and grow with us in a fast-paced environment. Opportunities are available for contract roles in multiple engineering disciplines.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Prepare project specific procedures for efficient and easy transferring of pipe stress analysis data to Structural / Mechanical Departments.
- Prepare the Job Specification for Stress Analysis.
- Prepare Stress Calculation Notes.
- Liaise with Piping Designer on matters of pipe routing to achieve the requirements of a satisfactory pipe stress analysis.
- Ensure that all piping systems are adequately supported and where necessary; specify spring, sliding plates, rigid struts and other special pipe supports.
- Prepare / review management of change (variation order, scopes of work, etc).
- Provide robust engineering solutions/advice to ensure technical accuracy of specifications, designs and reports related to piping components and materials.
- Develop and maintain piping engineering work plan in order to achieve target dates of document deliverable register (DCI/ MCI).
- Provide input and technical explanation to the team regarding any issues with piping materials, valves, stress analysis etc
- Liaise with Material/Corrosion Engineering Department in recommendation for suitable piping materials to be used for the project.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Registered as Professional Engineer with BEM / IEM (Malaysian).
- 10 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas/Petrochemicals Industry, Engineering or EPCIC background preferred. Must be well versed in all lifecycle of O&G development projects, Concept, FEED, DED.
- Experienced in executing FPSO/Floaters projects in Australian/North Sea waters or Brazilian waters, or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Piping stress analysis software e.g. Caesar-II software.
- Technical Specialist level in Oil and Gas industry with Fixed & Floating experience preferred.
- Sound knowledge of the Equipment/Piping layouts for Offshore FPSO, CPP & wellhead.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Tang Pui Ling
Account Manager, NES Advantage
+6012 498 7545