Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Our innovative engineering team in Kuala Lumpur work on local and global projects, providing integrated solutions from subsea to surface and through the life of an energy asset. The local projects also include offshore work in East Malaysia.
We are looking for talented and ambitious engineers who wants to learn and grow with us in a fast-paced environment. Opportunities are available for contract roles in multiple engineering disciplines.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Defining the activities derived from Client Requisition (ITB). Assign engineers their task and responsibilities.
- Review and approval of all issued Mechanical drawings, sketches, data sheets and requisitions for all equipment
- Review and prepare management of change in the project that’s impacted the design and scope of work.
- Performs reviews and quality check of complex analyses, calculations and deliverables developed by all engineers.
- Lead discussion with client during the project
- Provide good analysis and optimum solution to complex technical challenge.
- Review equipment sizing in compliance to project specifications, codes and standards.
- Liaise with other disciplines lead engineers to solve any technical issue. Ensure the interfaces to other disciplines as per project procedures are effectively managed.
- Participating in 3D Model Review and design review meeting and close-out of all the action items.
- Participating in HAZOP study and close-out of the HAZOP action items.
- Maintain quality and consistency within the discipline across all areas.
- Provide technical input, solution, supervision and direction within discipline.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. Proficient in negotiating and influencing client to achieve desired results.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine or Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered with BEM and having Professional Engineer (PE) certification is mandatory.
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Shall have experience in working for detailed engineering as lead engineer of at least 2 CPP including one FPSO.
- Sound knowledge of relevant international codes and standards, i.e. API, ASME, TEMA, ISO, NORSOK, etc.
- Good knowledge of relevant international Oil & Gas company standards, e.g., SHELL DEP, PETRONAS PTS, etc.
- Able to prepare and develop technical solutions and procedures to overcome challenges in engineering.
- Experience in all lifecycle of O&G development projects, Concept, FEED, DDE preferred.
- Able to lead engineering review studies and implementation of design change from HAZID and HAZOP.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Tang Pui Ling
Account Manager, NES Advantage
+6012 498 7545