Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Our innovative engineering team in Kuala Lumpur work on local and global projects, providing integrated solutions from subsea to surface and through the life of an energy asset. The local projects also include offshore work in East Malaysia.
We are looking for talented and ambitious engineers who wants to learn and grow with us in a fast-paced environment. Opportunities are available for contract roles in multiple engineering disciplines.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assume the role of package responsible engineer for various packages in the hull of the FPSO
- Prepare technical requisition package, technical specification and data sheet for inquiry.
- Technical bid evaluation, technical clarification meeting with potential vendor and prepares technical bid evaluation report.
- Vendor technical design document review and approval.
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines for the mechanical equipment design.
- Participating in HAZOP study and close-out of the HAZOP action items.
- Review and approve documents and drawings produced by Engineers in the responsible team.
- Prepare and review equipment sizing in compliance to project specifications, codes and standards.
- Inter-discipline liaison for input/output throughout the duration of the project.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine or Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered with BEM and having Professional Engineer (PE) certification is mandatory.
- 15 – 20 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Proficiency in standard mechanical or marine system design and analysis software tool.
- Extensive knowledge with international codes and standards required
- Experience in all lifecycle of O&G development projects, Concept, FEED, DDE preferred.
- Possess good knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods and design details.
- Able to prepare and develop technical solutions and procedures to overcome challenges in engineering.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Tang Pui Ling
Account Manager, NES Advantage
+6012 498 7545