Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Our innovative engineering team in Kuala Lumpur work on local and global projects, providing integrated solutions from subsea to surface and through the life of an energy asset. The local projects also include offshore work in East Malaysia.
We are looking for talented and ambitious engineers who wants to learn and grow with us in a fast-paced environment. Opportunities are available for contract roles in multiple engineering disciplines.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develop MDR, instrument basis of design, Process/ Fire and Gas C&E, calculation report, engineering analysis, engineering drawings and equipment / packages specification.
- Manage own workload and complete assigned tasks within part of a project/assignment with adherence to defined engineering procedures and practices, guidelines, policies, principles, standards.
- Coordinates and supervise workloads with allocated resources within team to complete assigned tasks with adherence to defined engineering procedures and practices.
- Manage Design Change and identify implications from changes are in line with related engineering processes and its impact.
- Participate in Safety Studies, i.e. Fire & Gas Mapping, SIL studies, Alarm Rationalization, HAZOP, HAZID etc.
- Prepare/response to Material Requisition / Technical Bid Clarification / Technical Bid Evaluation to Instrumentation, Telecommunication, Electrical, Mechanical, Piping and Safety packages.
- Ensure deliverables and design of system, areas and equipment are in synch with project design philosophies.
- Review the vendor drawings / documents for various Instrumentation and other disciplines’ equipment
- Review various sizing calculation software for orifice plates, flowmeters, control valves, safety valves etc.
- Assist in procurement activities.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Instrumentation Engineering (preferred); or Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Registered as Professional Engineer with BEM / IEM (Malaysian).
- 15 - 20 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas/Petrochemicals Industry, Engineering or EPCIC background preferred. Experience in all lifecycle of O&G development project, Concept, FEED and DDE preferred.
- Extensive knowledge with international codes and standards, i.e. ISA, API, ASME, ISO, NFPA, AGA, ANSI, ASME, CAP, CENELEC, IEC, UL.
- Hand-on experience in analysing results from Instrumentation sizing software for Control Valves, PSV, Flow Instruments, i.e. INSTRUCAL.
- Familiar with Instrumentation engineering / database software i.e. INTOOLS / AVEVA / COMOS.
- Hand-on experiences in Major Mechanical Packages i.e. Emergency Diesel Generator, Gas Turbine Generator, HVAC, Compressors etc.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Tang Pui Ling
Account Manager, NES Advantage
+6012 498 7545