Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Our innovative engineering team in Kuala Lumpur work on local and global projects, providing integrated solutions from subsea to surface and through the life of an energy asset. The local projects also include offshore work in East Malaysia.
We are looking for talented and ambitious engineers who wants to learn and grow with us in a fast-paced environment. Opportunities are available for contract roles in multiple engineering disciplines.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Prepare for telecommunication design engineering deliverables for details engineering of the FPSO project.
- Prepare telecom system block diagram and specification (PAGA system, Telephone system, Radio system (VHF/UHF/HF), POB system, LAN system, VCS system, ENV/HMS, Positioning and Navigation system, NMS system, Offloading system, Relative Positioning Reference, VSAT system and -48VDC power system).
- Assisting Telecom lead as telecom document/drawing checker to comply to quality.
- Prepare the PAGA coverage report and Radio coverage report.
- Involve in MTO preparation, issue RFQ/TBE report, review documents from telecom system integrator.
- Support Project Team in resolving site technical issues and clear punch list related to telecom package during construction phase.
- Provide technical support during Testing & Commissioning phase and provide offshore hookup support.
- Coordinate multi-disciplines interface issues with the respective disciplines, including electrical, instrument, mechanical and technical safety.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of related codes and standards.
- Review and implement the Design Basis requirements.
- Manage Design Change and identify implications from changes are in line with related engineering processes and its impact.
- Ensure deliverables and design of system, areas and equipment are in synch with project design philosophies.
- Ensure project completion within schedule and budgeted man hours.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree or masters in Telecommunication Engineering (preferred); or Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Registered as Professional Engineer with BEM / IEM (Malaysian).
- 15 - 25 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas/ Petrochemicals Industry, Engineering or EPCIC background preferred. Experience in all lifecycle of O&G development project, Concept, FEED and DDE preferred.
- Extensive knowledge with international codes and standards, i.e. CAP, CENELEC, ICAO, IEC, IMO/SOLAS, ISO, ITU-T, ITU-R, UL, SOLAS, DNV.
- Extensive knowledge with international Oil & Gas company standards, i.e. SHELL DEP, PETRONAS PTS Guidelines, Statoil guidelines, NORSOK.
- Hand-on experience in analysing results from Telecommunication software for radio path loss calculation, audio system coverage study, VHF/UHF radio coverage study, WIFI wireless coverage study, network system load calculation, marine radar coverage study, etc.
- Familiar with Telecommunication engineering / database software i.e. COMOS.
- Site / Operational experience is an added advantage.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Tang Pui Ling
Account Manager, NES Advantage
+6012 498 7545