Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Our innovative engineering team in Kuala Lumpur work on local and global projects, providing integrated solutions from subsea to surface and through the life of an energy asset. The local projects also include offshore work in East Malaysia.
We are looking for talented and ambitious engineers who wants to learn and grow with us in a fast-paced environment. Opportunities are available for contract roles in multiple engineering disciplines.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develop engineering deliverables for Marine & Machinery System (including reviewing for Conversion and Topsides Integration) in Engineering & Design section to ensure safe, fit-for-purpose, robust and cost effective Marine & Machinery System design and operation.
- Assume the role of package responsible engineer for marine machinery of the FPSO
- Prepare technical requisition package, technical specification and data sheet for inquiry.
- Technical bid evaluation, technical clarification meeting with potential vendor and prepares technical bid evaluation report.
- Vendor technical design document review and approval.
- Carryout documentation and data management as per OBU Management Standards for Marine & Machinery Discipline deliverables.
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines for the marine machinery design.
- Review and approve documents and drawings produced by Engineers in the responsible team.
- Prepare and review equipment sizing in compliance to project specifications, codes and standards.
- Inter-discipline liaison for input/output throughout the duration of the project.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering discipline or Class 1 or 2 Marine Engineer Certificate of Competency FG Unlimited.
- Registered as Professional Engineer with BEM / IEM (Malaysian).
- 10 years of work experience in O&G sector as discipline engineer or 10 years of work experience as Marine Engineer onboard Tanker.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in EPCC project for specific engineering discipline role.
- Experience in floaters type design aspect is preferred (Conceptual Study, FEED and DDE).
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Tang Pui Ling
Account Manager, NES Advantage
+6012 498 7545