Do you want to solve tough challenges for the global energy industry?
Aker Solutions’ Controls R&D department, in Tranby, Norway, is responsible for design and development of next-generation subsea control systems, electrical actuators, condition and performance monitoring and electrification of subsea products. The department is a spearhead within the company, developing new technologies and enabling digitalization.
Controls R&D consists of 4 discipline teams:
- Product Architecture & Test
- Embedded Electronics & Mechanics
- Embedded Software & Configuration
- Product Support & Sustaining
Our development strategy is built on state-of-the-art processes and methodology, such as agile, virtualization and test-driven development. The departments have direct access to in-house lab facilities with equipment and tools for concept development, prototyping and testing.
We are looking for Embedded Software developer and Senior Embedded Software developer for our Embedded Software & Configuration team. Are you the one?
Note! Due to summer holiday, we will begin interviews the first week of August.
What will you be doing?
As a Embedded Software Developer you will have the opportunity to work on product development projects and take part in all project phases from concept definition to design, verification, industrialization and product support.
Common for both roles:
- Become part of an experienced and competent team defining the design and components to support the product requirements
- Work assignments may include definition of requirements, design, documentation, coding, testing and maintenance of new components as well as legacy components
- Develop products and software according to the requirements and quality demands
- Develop and maintain automated test suites
- Maintain and troubleshoot our product portfolio
As Senior Developer you will in addition:
- Be assigned lead roles taking responsibility for development execution
- Take responsibility for SW components, both legacy and new
- Take technical lead responsibility for the ESW discipline within our projects
- Participate in studies and early phase projects for new solutions
We think you should have:
- B/MSc degree within data science, cybernetics or similar, with some relevant experience from embedded software. Newly graduated candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of Embedded C/C++ programming
Senior Embedded Developer:
- B/MSc degree within data science, cybernetics or similar, with solid relevant experience from embedded software
- Skilled in Embedded C/C++ programming
- Lead experience from embedded product development
Common for both roles:
- Ability to handle complex specifications and develop consistent solutions
- Enthusiastic and creative with focus on delivering results
- Good people and communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
Experience with one or more of the following is a benefit
- Communication interfaces
- QNX RTOS
- Serial and analogue sensor interfaces
- CANOpen/Modbus protocols
- Driver and BSP development
More reasons to work with us:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Electrification and digitalization of next generation Subsea solutions
- In-house development working with cross functional R&D teams
- Be part of the transition to a sustainable future for energy production
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Big-impact projects
- Free parking and chargers for electrical cars
- 30-minute drive from Oslo
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact:
- Maja Haug, Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, e-mail: Maja.Haug@nesfircroft.com
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.