Do you want to solve tough challenges for the global energy industry?
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Our Engineering Team in St. John's, NL is now looking for Corrosion Engineers across all experience levels.
What will you be doing?
- Preparing and updating inspection strategies, component criticality assessment, inspection plans and workpacks
- Reviewing, analyzing, and endorsing technical submissions from 3rd party and modifications contractors
- Reviewing inspection reports for anomalies, completing risk assessments and identifying mitigations
- Completing conceptual and detail engineering design for development and repair schemes
- Performing detailed analysis to understand the behaviour of complex details in as-design, damaged and post-repair conditions, including stress analysis, fatigue, and fracture assessments
- Providing technical support to client regarding performance envelope of assets, design basis, design code compliance, external loading or integrity of the routing
- Preparing Integrity Management System documents and procedures, Performance Standards and Safety Case input including PIMS documentation and DFI dossiers
- Liaising with other disciplines through work development, investigating, advising and making recommendations based on problems identified during assessment, including failure mechanism identification and technical input to risk assessments and risk-based inspection assessments.
We think you should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a related field with experience in a brownfield industrial environment.
- Current registrations with PEGNL as either a P.Eng or E.I.T
- Thorough experience in Corrosion Engineering techniques, including but not limited to material degradation assessment, failure mechanism identification, fitness for service assessment and familiarity with non-intrusive inspection techniques
- Solid understanding of industry standards and regulations
- Familiarity with QA/QC practices
- Ability to complete all mandatory safety training and meet qualifications required for work at various sites, including offshore sites
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
Interested? Contact us.
Aker Solutions is committed to employment equity, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Consistent with the Accords Act, residents of Newfoundland and Labrador specifically, and Canadians generally, who are qualified, will be given first consideration for training and employment.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.