Do you want to solve tough challenges for the global energy industry?
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Our Engineering Team in St. John's, NL is now looking for a Fabric Maintenance Engineer.
What will you be doing?
- Overseeing all technical and support operations for painting, scaffolding, rigging and insulation activities within the engineering, construction and operational environment adhering to appropriate legislations and industry standards.
- Monitoring and coordinating the operations of scaffolding, rigging, painting and insulation contractor companies supplying services offshore.
- Acting as a single point of contract for clients, planning, engineering, offshore production and construction personnel on discipline technical matters on a daily basis.
- Managing all fabric maintenance work scope plans, priorities and ensuring effective and safe utilization of equipment and personnel.
- Ensuring quality control of coatings in accordance with appropriate industry standards.
- Developing specialized fabric maintenance work instructions as required.
- Identify rigging requirements, non-standard access requirements for work scopes including over the side work, hanging scaffolding, rope access, etc.
We think you should have:
- Professional Engineer with a minimum 5 years related experience
- Technical knowledge of core principles related to Fabric Maintenance disciplines (Scaffolding, Rigging, Painting and Insulation)
- An ability to interpret and provide effective decisions on methods and techniques to be utilized for work scaffolding, rigging, painting and insulation disciplines
- Experience in the management of 3rd party contractors
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office
- Must be willing to travel offshore on periodic basis and must complete mandatory safety training and meet qualifications required for work offshore
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
Interested? Contact us.
Aker Solutions is committed to employment equity, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Consistent with the Accords Act, residents of Newfoundland and Labrador specifically, and Canadians generally, who are qualified, will be given first consideration for training and employment.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.