Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Our innovative engineering team in Kuala Lumpur work on local and global projects, providing integrated solutions from subsea to surface and through the life of an energy asset. The local projects also include offshore work in East Malaysia.
We are looking for talented and ambitious engineers who wants to learn and grow with us in a fast-paced environment. Opportunities are available for contract roles in multiple engineering disciplines.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Review various topside and hull electrical reports and drawings.
- Review various topside and hull mechanical and instrument package specification.
- Ensure alignment to electrical engineering requirements.
- Preparing engineering deliverables, calculation and study for project.
- Manage and monitor engineering scope of project (drawings and material) including review, updated and initiating drawings, materials and documents related for project purposes.
- Prepare/response to Material Requisition / Technical Bid Clarification / Technical Bid Evaluation to Instrumentation, Telecommunication, Electrical, Mechanical, Piping and Safety packages.
- Manage Design Change and identify implications from changes are in line with related engineering processes and its impact.
- Check and review key deliverables ensuring compliance to project requirements.
- Ensure deliverables and design of system, areas and equipment are in synch with project design philosophies.
- Ensure project completion within schedule and budgeted man hours.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in Electrical Engineering (preferred); or Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Registered as Professional Engineer with BEM / IEM (Malaysian).
- 10 - 15 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas/Petrochemicals Industry, Engineering or EPCIC background preferred. Experience in all lifecycle of O&G development project, Concept, FEED and DDE preferred.
- Experience related to marine vessels is a must.
- Extensive knowledge with international codes and standards, i.e. IMO, Classification Society, IEC, IEEE, IALA, ICAO.
- Extensive knowledge with international Oil & Gas company standards, i.e. SHELL DEP, PETRONAS PTS Guidelines, Statoil guidelines, NORSOK.
- Able to prepare technical studies and report (i.e. Technical analysis).
- Hands-on experience with various calculation reports (i.e. Equipment Sizing, UPS Sizing, Illumination calculation, cable sizing calculation, load list, etc).
- Hands-on Experience as Package Engineer in Major Electrical Packages (i.e. Switchgear, Transformers, UPS, etc).
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Tang Pui Ling
Account Manager, NES Advantage
+6012 498 7545