Do you want to solve global energy challenges for future generations?
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Our Project controls team based in our Reading office is now looking for a Principal Estimator to support current projects.
What will you be doing?
- Producing MTO-based estimates for key cost accounts
- Maintaining cost database content and output; assisting with development of new database modules and output formats
- Vendor budget quote gathering (either directly or in coordination with Procurement & Subcontracts)
- Supporting proposals in development of manhour estimates, estimating execution write-up and commercial input such as development of manhour rates
In addition assisting with:
- Summarising key cost accounts into TIC estimates
- Derivation of cost allowances and contingencies
- Estimate reviews, internal and client
- Development of concept-level estimates for study / front-end application
- Maintaining a good working relationship between estimators within Aker Solutions’ locations
- Provision of training, mentoring and ongoing guidance to junior team members
We think you should have:
In depth understanding of both the principles and application of:
- Taking off material quantities from technical drawings (for two or three of the five key disciplines).
- MTO based estimate structure and development.
- Cost data storage, processing and presentation.
A good understanding of the principles and mechanics of:
- Concept-level estimating techniques.
- Plant / topsides layout.
- The upstream oil & gas industry.
- Attention to detail; focused and tidy working practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and to interact effectively with technical and managerial personnel, often several corporate grades above their own.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact Stephen Laurie, Recruitment Manager, NES Advantage email: email@example.com
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
Diversity and Inclusion
Aker Solutions is empowered by its diverse workforce. We ensure a good working environment where equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are considered vital to our success. We believe diversity creates value, attracts talent, and makes life more interesting. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds related to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability, age, and more.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.