Join us in solving global energy challenges for future generations.
Aker Solutions, located in Mobile, Alabama is seeking to add a Products Engineer - Electrical Systems. Solid understanding of Cable Systems is needed.
Qualified candidates not presently working for Aker Solutions must be able to work in the United States without work authorization assistance now or in the future.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for all low voltage, medium voltage, high voltage, optical fiber cable, and hybrid cable components within umbilicals at the proposal and execution engineering stage of each project.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously, including large/complex projects possibly in a cross-functional role with multiple divisions within the company.
- Assist with maintaining and updating a database of all technical data and information related to electrical and optical cables including, but not limited to, critical design information, procurement information, component and umbilical test data, and supplier component qualification/verification test data.
- Understand the comms/power system transmission needs of the client through parameters supplied in technical specifications and provide guidance to tenders and projects to propose product definition and solutions.
- Shall be able to interpret electrical system schematics supplied by Client and/or Client vendors to determine testing configurations and requirements, topside/subsea connector requirements, etc.
- Provide guidance to projects and issue technical specifications for topside/subsea electrical and optical connectors with wet and dry mate capabilities.
- Shall be able to determine testing needs, understand if can be completed in-house or requires subcontracting, and request quotes and schedules from approved laboratories.
- Shall provide expertise to the testing group for troubleshooting non-conformances, evaluate current test equipment and possible need for new test equipment, and training of test equipment and testing methods for optimization.
- Shall conduct FEM analysis of LV and MV cables and umbilical designs using company approved analysis tools. Analysis shall include, but not limited to, electrical and thermal performance in both steady state and transient excitations.
We think you should have:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or other engineer discipline with relevant experience
- 5-7 years of technical experience
- Expertise/study in analog and digital communication systems, advanced electromagnetic theory, and power systems (single and three-phase)
- Experience with international industry standards and codes related to the design and testing requirements of electric and fiber optic cables (API, ASTM, BS EN, CENELEC, CIGRE, DNV, ICEA, IEC, IEEE, ISO, ITU-T, NEC, SEPS, TIA, UL, etc)
- Experience with FEM software platforms. MATLAB and Mathcad experience a plus.
- Ability to train others in the application of engineering practices as related to area of expertise, including code and criteria requirements.
- Ability to provide quality oversight, review, edit and refine others reports.
- Ability to play and active and substantial role in bid and proposal process.
- Ability to proficiently communicate ideas and concepts, developing the ability to persuade and influence others as needed, explaining why things are done the way they are within a broader organizational context.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are critical.
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks.
In addition, the Mobile, AL site has just undergone a renovation of its main building, optimizing space as well as providing a design to allow more natural light into the space. Right on the water, the Mobile site is truly a one stop shop for visitors and clients alike to have meetings using state of the art technology, as well as tour the plant to observe our manufacturing process using cutting edge technology. This is truly a workplace that is designed to foster a collaborative work environment in order to bolster creativity from our very talented workforce.
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact;
Julie Watkins, Sr Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, firstname.lastname@example.org
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.