Do you want to help develop future energy solutions?
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Our Subsea Production Systems & Lifecycle Services team in Reading are looking for a Software Engineer to join the team.
What will you be doing?
We are seeking engineers who are driven to deliver the best possible control systems to our customers. You will be focused on delivering the software for Subsea Production System from concept thought to commissioning. This role is focused on the design and configuration of Master Control Stations (MCS) which act as the hub for all communication and control for the subsea production system.
Attitude is key. You will be passionate about technology, getting things done, making commitments to deliver great systems. You will need to have a proactive approach to all aspect of your work, working closely with engineers in other disciplines ensuring a system centric approach is taken when developing engineering solutions.
We think you should have:
- Commitment to continuous improvement of products, processes and tools
- Experienced in the design and development of PLC programs using ladder logic and structured text
- Experience in the design and development of Human Machine Interfaces for industrial process control
- Experienced in fault finding techniques associated with serial communications system
- Experienced in fault finding techniques associated with IP based communications system
- Prior experience using a defined software development lifecycle.
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Stephen Laurie, Recruitment Manager, NES Advantage Solutions - tel. +44 20 3908 4484
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.