Join us in solving global energy challenges for future generations.
Aker Solutions located in Mobile, Alabama is looking to add an in-house Technician for Subsea Lifecycle Services.
You Must be able to work in the United States without work authorization assistance.
You Must be willing to work and reside in the Mobile, Alabama area.
What will you be doing?
Under limited supervision and reporting to the Sr. Manager, Workshop & Field Execution, the individual is responsible for being a focal point in the shop and handling all testing onsite, as well as mob/demob activities of equipment needed for offshore. Establishes and maintains productive customer relationships by following up on jobs performed, professionally handling customer complaints, and managing/organizing work orders for client’s offshore support. Essential functions include the following:
- Intermediate level position utilizing basic skills learned, applying them with increasing independence – able to do tasks as assigned.
- Assist in the installation, integration, commissioning, repairs, testing and reporting of equipment, at both on and offshore locations as required.
- Attend pre-operation meetings.
- Promote teamwork and take an active part in meeting customer’s service requirements.
- Promote safety awareness and comply with all applicable safety procedures and regulations.
- Travel to and perform service activities at remote geographical sites, required 5% of the time.
- Assist the project management team to ensure that the proper equipment and tools are available for the job.
- Work with engineering to ensure proper documents and procedures are used, as well as ensure equipment is in proper working order and repairs are captured through NCR’s.
- Complete offshore field reports and file in the proper data base storage location.
- Work with planners and schedulers to ensure proper sign offs are recorded and prepare for de-mobilization.
We think you should have:
- 5+ years in field service or related product experience, may include two years as an SLS Apprentice.
- Comprehensive, practical knowledge of hydraulic systems to 10,000 psi operating pressure including pressure testing and recording, hydraulic flushing and cleanliness testing, instrument tube fitting (up to 1.5” OD), systems operation, troubleshooting, fault finding and repair to component level (i.e. pump accumulators, regulators, relief valves, directional control valves, pressure switches, and transmitters), hose swaging and testing.
- Familiarity with engineering drawings including manufacturing, general arrangement, and electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Sound mechanical knowledge including threads and thread forms, measuring units and conversions, basic math and mechanics, and properties of materials.
- Familiarization of OEM and remanufactured equipment a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness, the ability to plan and manage work in an efficient manner, and the ability to work well under stress and time pressures.
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks.
In addition, the Mobile, AL site has just undergone a renovation of its main building, optimizing space as well as providing a design to allow more natural light into the space. Right on the water, the Mobile site is truly a one stop shop for visitors and clients alike to have meetings using state of the art technology, as well as tour the plant to observe our manufacturing process using cutting edge technology. This is truly a workplace that is designed to foster a collaborative work environment in order to bolster creativity from our very talented workforce.
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact;
Julie Watkins, Sr Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, firstname.lastname@example.org
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
Diversity and Inclusion
Aker Solutions is empowered by its diverse workforce. We ensure a good working environment where equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are considered vital to our success. We believe diversity creates value, attracts talent, and makes life more interesting. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds related to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability, age, and more.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.